View of the Golden Gate Bridge from Fort Baker showing low fog and Lime Point fog station in lower center. The fog station was built in 1883 with a one story fog signal building and a two story keeper's dwelling. The original fog horns were steam powered by coal fired boilers. A light was added to the station in 1900. The dwelling building evolved to a three story building and additional outbuildings. They were all dismantled when the station became automated in 1961 and all that remains today is the original signal building.
© Joseph Greco